Sunday 19 June 2011

Newton Aycliffe 10km

Results from Newton Aycliffe 10k today.  More like a tempo session than a race...struggled to get going and then found myself in a group of one behind the lead group of four.   It stayed like that for the whole race and I finished in 35 mins exactly.    Found the course to be decent but the incline at the back of the lap, which had to be tackled three times put paid to any thought of a fast time today.  

http://www.ukresults.net/2011/aycliffe.html

As this was my first 10km as a Vet I am claiming a pb!   Finished 5th Overall and 2nd Vet 40 behind Terry wall of Morpeth who was exactly 100 seconds in front.  

This was always a "B" race for me so not too bothered about the time but good to get a starting point with my 10km time as I build up to the Great North 10k and Middlesbrough 10km during the summer.

Enjoyed the two days of athletics on the TV over the weekend...even the kids took a break from X-box to let me watch some this afternoon...must be Fathers Day or something!

Performance of the day (and wackiest interview) must go to Charlene Thomas who ran a fantastic race to win the womens 1500m!   Superb stuff and highly entertaining all round!


No comments:

Post a Comment