Sunday 28 August 2011

Go Mo Go Mo!

Wow!   I have been glued to the TV over the past few days as the best athletes in the world compete in the World Championships in Korea.

Today reminded me why I love athletics.....

The 10,000m full of drama, emotion and effort.  Despite a 53 second last lap Mo Farah was pipped at the post for the Gold Medal by a relatively unknown Ethiopian athlete Ibrahim Jeilan...I loved the interview with Mo afterwards when he was told he had run a 53 second final lap...yes it was fast but not fast enough he said!  I was on the edge of my seat!  

Just as I thought there could be nothing more dramatic than the 10,000 came the 100m.   The showboating Bolt, who was head and shoulders favourite to win and could have waited for everyone to start and still win,  unbelieveably false started and was given the red card joining Chambers, Ohuruogu and a poor lone athlete from the Niger in the "False Start Hall of Shame!".    Gripping stuff!

Cant wait to get my next fix of the champs tomorrow but I dont think it will top the drama of today.

Apparently as well there was a football match in Manchester as well today...Manchester United 8 Arsenal 2....What a day for sport!

My own training is going well and I am looking forward to Middlesbrough 10km next Sunday.   Despite the wind tonight I ran a five miler averaging 6 minutes per mile.   My thoughts turned to the 10,000m in the last mile as I turned back into the wind.....I seemed to find an extra gear and managed a 5-44 final mile...is that the power of Mo!

Nice bit of bling mo!


No comments:

Post a Comment