Sunday 21 August 2011

Darlington 10km

Bit overdue but here is a belated blog about Darlington 10km.   This was never an A race for me but I thought after putting in some decent mileage on holiday I thought a 10km would have been a useful indicator of my fitness at the moment.    I finished in 34.28 which gave me 14th place overall and 1st veteran over 40 which was a good result for me for a few reasons...........

1. My first over 40 win.
2. My Darlington 10km pb - previous best on this course was 34-52.
3. My Over 40 pb (12 seconds quicker than the Great North 10km).

Things are definitely going in the right direction although the last two miles at Darlington were tougher than they should have been and I probably lost a good few places and about 15-20 seconds as my pace slowed rapidly on the second lap.   As I write this we are only two weeks away from Middlesbrough 10km - plenty of people will be targetting this as it is a fast and flat course with great pb potential.  Last year I didn't have a great run there as I tweaked a hamstring about two miles into the race and carried on not feeling good for a 35.19. 

After darlington 10km I had a visit to the physio - the ITB still feels like a rod of iron at the moment so a good old loosener was needed...after half an hour in the hurt locker I feel it is making good progress but not quite 100%.....must keep up the foam rolling!

Another good mileage week this week with 55 miles and a 400m interval session on grass.   This week looking to get a couple of good sessions in the legs ready to toe the start line at Middlesbrough 10km in pb shape!



No comments:

Post a Comment