Saturday 9 July 2011

Return of the Virtual Partner..

Another Saturday tempo - a chance for my virtual garmin partner to gain his revenge!   After a four mile warm up where I managed to maintain a decent pace of 6-30 miling I repeated the session of two weeks ago with a four mile tempo back from Lazenby to Marske.

I set the Garmin a target pace of 5-56 per mile and set off with the intention of smashing it to the ground!   Miles of 5-42, 5-35, 5-33 and 5-33.   22-26 for the four mile course it was a full 20 seconds quicker than the same run two weeks ago - more sign of progress!   With this being my third hard session of the week at the end of a 53 mile week I hope I will reap the benefits of a few easier days this week as I sharpen up for the Great North 10k next week.

Now it's time to get suited and booted and off to racing of a different kind!   York races here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment