Saturday 16 July 2011

The Day Before!

Today I'm still nursing a bit of a niggle!   Yesterdays day off has improved my tender knee no end but it is still there...niggling away.   I know I will be ok to run it's just a case of getting to the start line in the best possible shape.   The diagnosis from "Doctor" Rose the medical man is that it might be linked to tight calves...or a hamstring problem...remedy...rest and ice should do the trick and plenty of stretching....Do you Stretch?  Not as often as I should! 

I tried a steady jog this morning and managed 5 miles at a fairly leisurely 6-40 ish pace without too much of a problem with my knee except for a bit of low level uncomfortableness (not sure if there is such a word!).  On a pain threshold level of 1 to 10 I would give it a 5...it was there being annoying!   I then hit the pool for a quick swim (is this the Triathlon comeback or just a runner with a niggle?  Answers on a postcard please!).   Actually it was far too busy for a swim so I decided on Aquajogging...if it is good enough for Paula Radcliffe and Mo Farah it is good enough for me.  

The good thing about aqua jogging is that you dont need much space or equipment!  I dont use a belt as I find that I float relatively well.  This is an article about aquajogging and its benefits! 

http://runnersfeed.com/water-running-a-k-a-aqua-jogging/

25 minutes of aqua jogging has to be the most mind numbingly boring thing to do but it made me feel much better....now for some of that Ice and Rest that the "doctor" ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment