Tuesday 20 December 2011

7 Days in the life of a runner!

The last seven days for me has been a good week for me with some quality sessions in.   Last Thursday I managed a decent track session of 5 x 2km @ Half Marathon pace.  A very pleasing session in tough conditions.   This was followed up with a treadmill tempo of 4 miles @ 5.30 pace earlier this week as icy roads meant steady running only was possible. 

Tonights track session was one of the best of the year for me with a 20 x 400m session in the bag.  The intention was to run this at around 10km pace and limit the recovery to 1 minute.   In the end I went much quicker and averaged more like 3km pace for the 400s.  Especially pleased with the second half of the session where I managed to hold the session together despite the increasing fatigue in my legs. 

Congratulations to Sharon Gayter who tonight smashed the World Record for running 7 days on a treadmill by running over 468 miles in less than 7 days.  Now if it was me doing it I would be on my cool down now and reflecting on the glory of being a World Record Holder, catching up on sleep, watching a bit of Corrie on V+ and eating copius amounts of pasta to aid recovery!   Not a chance with Sharon she wants to smash the record and is continuing up to 12pm tomorrow. 

I reckon Sharon is going to continue until she hits the 500 mile mark at least - maybe a new version of the Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" might be in order to celebrate

Sunshine On Leith

http://www.sharongayter.com/treadmill7.htm

Please help Sharon with her chosen charities and donate here....

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=SharonGayter


Well done Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment