Saturday 30 April 2011

Raring to go...

A couple of easy days running prior to the 10k race tomorrow.  Yesterday managed a five mile steady run mostly off road...sometimes you feel a bit sluggish a few days before a race and thats how I felt yesterday..possibly the few efforts I did on Thursday night still in my legs.   Today was a different story...went out for a steady 20 mins just to keep my legs ticking over and before I knew it I was effortlessly going along at around 6-20 miling.  Sometimes it just feels right - hopefully this will be the case tomorrow as I tackle the Kirby Moorside 10k.  

Kirby Moorside 10k veteran (and now club mate) Gary Dunn said to treat this as a 5 mile race as the last mile is all downhill and takes no effort at all!   That sounds good to me! I can imagine him tackling the first uphill mile with his usual gusto so that will be in my thoughts tomorrow as I stand on the start line!

So far in 2011 I have averaged 52 miles per week and only had three "non running days".   Most weeks I have had at least one day where I have only gone out for a very easy 3 or 4 miles.   Its been a long time since I have had such a good consistent patch so hopefully my race performances will reflect that...if the Mermaid 10k is anything to go by it could be a good summer racing season (my first as a Vet 40!).

No comments:

Post a Comment