Wednesday 20 June 2012

NYSD 3000m

A dilemma...stay in and watch the football or go to Darlington for the NYSD 3000m?   No contest for me as I swapped Rooney and Co for the tartan track!  

What if England played a blinder and I missed it?
What if I have a stinker of a run?
What if everyone stays at home and watches the footy and I end up running seven and a half laps on my own?

In the end there was a decent field for the 3000m with Marc Scott of Richmond and Zetland taking the honours in 8.57.5.  An early lead group of five soon established themselves and I was running off the back of them for most of the race.  I ended up in 6th in a new vet 40 pb of 9.39.8.  

An improvement of close to 3 seconds over my last 3000m in April.   Could be a combination of spikes and less marathon miles in my legs or it could be my effort to sort out my footstrike...hopefully there will be more pbs to come over the summer!

Even managed to catch the second half......

No comments:

Post a Comment