Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hamstrung no more....

Last weeks blog was a mixed bag of recovery, post marathon thoughts and talk of tight hamstrings and a below par track session. In my experience of quite a few years of running sometimes the body needs a kick start. Since the track session where I struggled throughout with tightness in my hamstrings I have been running with a spring back in my step and a renewed focus. A decent park run at Locke Park in 17.42 http://www.parkrun.org.uk/redcar/home, a 13 mile effort on Sunday, a tempo on Monday night and a great track session last night have set me up nicely for a blast over 5000m on Saturday in a league event. Last nights session was a 1 mile effort @ 5km pace followed by 6 x 600m followed by a 1 mile effort @ 10km pace. All target times were well and truly hit with the mile efforts @ 5-17 ad 5-24. 600s were all around 5 minute miling.

What a difference a bit of sun makes...sunglasses remained on for the whole of the session and a real sense of achievement in the air from all the group!

An easy 40 minute run along the beach at Marske was a well earned recovery session today. The sun was hiding behind so much sea fret (sea fret: a wet mist or haze coming inland from the sea) you couldn't see the pier at Saltburn which is quite bizarre but a stunning run all the same. It always happens that I hit the beach for a run and end up thinking "why do I only run on the beach once in a blue moon!". The beach will now become a regular feature over the summer!

Treated myself to a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines! Couldn't resist jumping on the Union Jack/ Jubilee bandwagon and went for a red white and blue version - jubolympic!

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 Men's Running Shoes (SS12)

No comments:

Post a Comment